Frequently Asked Question
03- How to perform proper care and maintenance of the device?
Last Updated a year ago
- Always store and transport the product in its original case.
- Protect the product against shock and vibration.
- The product is not suitable for outdoor use.
- If you notice a lack of attachment of the device to the restraint belt, ask your supplier for replacement of the belts and / or the device holder.
- For recharging the device’s battery use only the charger supplied with the product, otherwise any approval or warranty for this device may be invalidated, and may be dangerous
- Before using the product for the first time fully charge the device (for at least 8 hours).
- Do not charge the device near flammable material as it may heat up and cause a fire.
- Do not pick up the device with wet hands while it is charging. It could suffer an electric shock and seriously damage the device.
- Do not charge the device on padded surfaces.
- The device must be charged in an area with adequate ventilation.
- Read carefully the warnings and instructions for use that come with the product.
- Use a dry cloth to clean the outside of the device (do not use solvents such as benzene, thinners or alcohol).
- Do not disassemble the device. If it is necessary to repair it, take it to a technical service technician authorized by the IBV.
- Repairs carried out under warranty, at the sole discretion of the IBV, may include new or repaired parts or replacement plates, maintaining the functionality of the replaced parts.
- Keep the device away from electrical appliances such as televisions, radios and personal computers.
- The device must be kept away from heat sources such as radiators or ovens.
- Do not drop the device.
- Do not expose the device to mechanical vibration or shock.
- Do not expose this device to excessive smoke or dust.
- Do not place the device near credit cards or transport tickets, it could affect the information of the magnetic strips.
- Do not hit the screen with a sharp object, as it may damage the device
- Do not expose the device to liquids or moisture.
- Use accessories carefully (for example, headphones). Do not touch the antenna if not necessary.
- Turn off the device in any area where special regulations require it.
- Do not use, touch or attempt to remove or repair cracked glass if it is chipped or splintered.
- The warranty does not cover screen damages caused by improper use of the device.
- The device is an electronic device that generates heat during normal operation. If used for a prolonged period, direct contact with the skin without adequate ventilation can irritate or cause burns. Be careful when handling the device during operation or after it.